Happy One Year Anniversary to Us!
We hit our year mark in December and we really couldn't have asked for a better year.. except perhaps sans kidney stones. And even then, we learned things about each other.. like how Ty doesn't want to be near me when I'm giving birth.
But all joking aside, this has been the best year. It felt so fast and so slow all at the same time. Fast in that we enjoyed it and slow in that I can hardly remember my life before Ty. I feel almost like I wasn't really living until I met him.
It took awhile to know if Ty was the One. You expect that your heart will burst or dance in your chest and that you'll just know that you're supposed to be with this person for the rest of your life.
That didn't happen. In fact, both us were trying to talk ourselves out of liking the other.
I was expecting a fairytale.. but what I got was confidence.
When I was dating Ty, I was more comfortable with myself than I have ever been. I was more willing to share myself with other people and let them see my true colors. I never doubted where I stood with Ty, if he was thinking of me, or worried about what he was doing while we were apart. There were no games. So really, I did get that fairytale.



No comments:
Post a Comment