Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

So I'm Basically a Math Teacher I Guess..


Wanna hear a joke?

What did the zero say to the eight?

“I like your belt!”

{Get it? Draw it out if you have to. Now you get it? Awesome right?} 

Hahaha it kills me. My students didn’t find it very hilarious. And I also got it off of Ellen the other night so some of them had already heard it. Namely two male students. Wha? They blame it on their moms but I know the truth.

And student teaching has been fabulous. Every single one of my fears has completely dissipated. My coordinating teacher, Mr. N., is fantastic. He is very concerned about our educational experience and makes sure we get to teach often. {If you noticed I keep saying  “we” it’s because I have a wonderful student teaching partner, Jenepher.} Mr. N. is also so excited about math and teaching that his students are excited to be there too. It has made it so easy for us to step in. How many behavioral issues have I had to deal with? Zero. Nice belt. It may not be the best thing for my overall educational experience but at the end of the day, it makes it not so scary to get up in front of them when I know they’ll be respectful.   

Also, my humor has dropped to an 8th grade level. The other day the teacher said something about soup and a student said something about monkeys and then another student said, “Do you like your monkey soup with the bones and tail or do you prefer it without?” Wha? Hilarious. I lost it. And beyond losing it, every time I think about it, I laugh.

I’ve been so blessed to be having the experience I am but I’m also looking forward to GRADUATION. What what!! And then I’m just going to bake and sew all day long forever, right Ty? 87 days til I’m done with this biz. 

Woo! 



1 comment: