Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Belly Pics #8

So we didn't do any pictures for 34 weeks because Ty was out of town so this picture from the shower is the closest we're gonna get to 34 weeks. I actually look tiny in this picture since it's not a profile shot so it's not really that accurate looking anyway. 

{34 Weeks-June 30}

Leading up to 35 weeks, my parents were in town for the 4th and we bought a midsize SUV from them in preparation for our sweet babe. I'm gonna look so fly in all of its silvery blue glory, with the sun roof open, the wind flying through my hair, and one arm behind me trying to find a binkie while keeping my eyes on the road. 

{35 Weeks- July 7. This is late at night. I actually changed out of my pajamas for this picture.}

At 36 weeks, I'm starting to completely panic on a regular basis. In (probably) less than 30 days, I'll be a mom. What?! It seems like not long ago I was hoping/wishing/praying to be pregnant and then I blinked. I eat cold cereal for all three meals more often than I eat real food. And this isn't just a pregnancy thing, it's the way I've been my whole life. Something about that feels like I shouldn't be allowed to be a parent. When my parents left town, I cried like a baby because I won't see them til after I have a baby. When I was little, I thought moms never cried. Clearly I'm on a mission to prove myself wrong. As panicked as I am, I know I'll be fine. I've got the best husband in the world and if Snookie can do it, I've probably already got a leg up on this whole motherhood biz. 

{36 Weeks- July 14}
As for the actual child inside of me, everything is going fine with her. She's getting bigger. I know this because her little feet have become painful at times and sometimes it feels like she's burrowing an escape route through my bellybutton. Who knew a 5 lb bundle of joy could be so violent? And surprise, surprise, I'm measuring small which means Baby G is small or I don't have enough amniotic fluid. Judging from family history though, it's probably the first but they'll start checking me next week to verify. The doctor told me I'm probably going to have a 6-6.5 lb baby and I'm pretty dang alright with that. I just can't imagine some 10 pounder making it's way out of me. No way. 



2 comments:

  1. You are such a funny writer. If Snookie can do it?! Where do you come up with this? Genious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Snookie can be a mother gives me great confidence in my mothering abilities as well.

    ReplyDelete