Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

My Thang


There are only a few athletic activities that I will claim to being good at. One of these things is bowling, as well as volleyball, swimming, lacrosse, and surfing. Just kidding. Just bowling. I will accredit this to all the no school days that my dad would take us down to the alley for the afternoon. And his constant nagging and critiquing of my form, which I am now extremely grateful for. Now, I usually bowl pretty good games and a lot of times I beat everyone we're with.
Ty and I went bowling yesterday. It was part of my recovery from the stones. And I knocked his socks off. Well.. kind of. We played two games and I won the first one and did really terribly the second. {But my first score was still higher than either of Ty's scores :)}

I take bowling really seriously. It's like my score reflects how good of a person I am or if I'm worthy of the air I breathe. So naturally, I reflected quite a bit on why I did so poorly. My conclusion?

Sabotage.

The second game... the black lights came on, the blinking strobe-y lights went wild, the music was beating in my chest and the BEP reminded my that tonight was gonna be a good good night. My toes were tapping and I was busting out dance moves no one has ever seen. {Tyler said he was embarrassed but there were only 5 year olds to judge us so I didn't care.} But the music was messing up my rhythm. My footwork was out of control. I threw my first gutter ball in years. So better luck next time I guess. Sorry I'm such a failure dad.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Emily,
    Hi, we have never met but we are cousins. I think we should be blog friends. :) Seriously, I was so happy to see Ty put your blog up on facebook. Come visit ours sometime and hopefully we can actually, you know, meet each other someday. We've been hearing about you from a distance for a while now. Congrats on joining the family, it's a fun one! Sincerely, your cousin in law in law, Vanessa Stanfill

    PS - Sorry, but I am a TERRIBLE bowler. Darn!

    PPS - Are you really a mathematician?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I think one gutter ball every now and then does not mean your game is totally off! Bowling is SO much fun..but I totally suck at it lol! Its hard!

    XO Lindsay

    ReplyDelete