So back in July when everyone was talking about Harry Potter and the end of everything - I never said anything. Mostly because I was living in a state of denial. I am not joking. I put off seeing the movie because I knew once I did, it was all over.
I got the first book on my 11th birthday from Emilee Young at the surprise birthday party that Darci Nelson threw for me. It is no coincidence that in the first pages of the book, Harry also turned 11.
After that, I devoured the 2nd and 3rd. I made my mom take me to Costco the morning the 4th book was available. I waited in line for the 5th book in my chinese take out pajamas with my aunt and uncle in Arizona. A group of friends and I had a party until it was time to pick up the 6th. My brother and I waited impatiently for the 7th. I read all through the night.
We eventually saw the 8th and final movie and I cried from beginning to end. even though I knew how it would end. I cried when it was sad, when it was happy, when it was tense. I cried because I knew this was it. I cried because the end of Harry Potter means the end of an era. I cried because I know these people. Harry. Hermione. Ron. Dumbledore. Ginny. Fred. George. Luna. Neville. Dobby. Snape. Sirius. Remus. Tonks. James. Lily And I know what they've done for me. I could always count on their integrity, loyalty and faith. Their blatant disregard for rules and their goodness of heart. And most of all, their endless love. If I've learned anything from them at all, it is the fact that love conquers all. When you have love, you have everything.
Thank you, Harry.





No comments:
Post a Comment