Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm Not Made For This..

So Ty and I were asked to be den leaders in our ward. As usual we gladly accepted but I made it very well known that I was out of my element. 
8 year old boys? 
Really? 

We attended our very first Pack Meeting last night and it was about as noisy and overwhelming as I expected. Not to mention we played Capture the Flag, which is not my fondest memory from elementary school, and I single handedly made a little boy cry not even on purpose. 

So I guess we're off to a good start right? Here's to hoping it gets better and I look super fly in my scout shirt. 

*As whiny as I sounded, I'm happy to serve and know this will definitely be a learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. It happens to the best of us! That's all I can say. . . it's almost like a right of passage. The thing you're going to enjoy is watching Ty get back in touch with his inner boy- Joel got so into it with the little guys and it was so nerdy and cute. The thing that's going to weird you out is all those "scouting people." Joel and I call them "the lifers." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete