We would be disappointed if we didn't have something good from Disneyland. Naturally my dear husband had me in stitches frequently during our Disney adventure. Unfortunately the lines and the heat and overall exhaustion took its toll and I just can't remember all of them. Fortunately, there's a few I took note of.
We made a point of doing things we had never done. For Ty, that was watching 'Great Moments with President Lincoln.' After we sat down he said, 'I wonder if this is where Phil Dunphey sat.'
And after we left he said, 'Everyone should be required to watch that everytime they come to Disneyland to renew their sense of American Pride. It's like an America temple.' The funny part was the level of emotion expressed while he said this.
(In all honesty, it was very moving. President Lincoln held this country together in dire times but his message of unity is just as relevant today as it was 150 years ago. The presentation ended with the Battle Hymn of the Republic and it brought me to tears.... As usual)
And of course we have some great pictures taken during some of the rides. Here's the dialogue following this little gem from Space Mountain.
E: Look at that face. That is the face of beauty. (Referring to my own)
T: Look at that face. I did exactly what they didn't want me to do.
E: You did nothing?
T: Exactly. I stuck it to the man. No. I stuck it to the Mouse.
And lastly, this afternoon after we woke up from the nap on our very own bed back in our very own apartment, Ty says, 'How do you think Disneyland is faring without us?' And I responded, 'Not well I suspect.'
We had a great trip, we soaked up the sun and all the Disney magic we could. Until next time, my love. Until next time.


No comments:
Post a Comment