Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Date Night Surprise


Tyler and I were really struggling with plans last night. When he left for work, the only options we had were frozen yogurt or a movie. He told me it was up to me. And then I had an EPIPHANY! We were going to have a Camp-IN. I thought about calling someone to borrow a tent but then I created this little beauty.

And yes, that is a "campfire."

Even with my lack of experience and enthusiasm for this type of outdoorsy business, I came up with an excellent menu

Appetizers: Granola bars.. on toothpicks naturally

Main Course: Boy Scout Dinners :)

Dessert: Peach Cobbler.. the camping way, minus the dutch oven = adventure. Royalties go to Joan Madsen.

I warned Tyler there would be a surprise when he got home. He called me on his way home and I turned out all the lights besides our campfire and waited in the tent for him to open the door. His first comment was, "Were you bored?" I hear that frequently from him. But then he was excited when he realized that I had dinner waiting for him like the good little wife I am.

And this is us in the lair enjoying our fine cuisine. After dinner we watched "The Social Network" on his laptop because we were in the wild. Duh. It was a fun night and I awed him with my date-making-up skills. He said I was in charge of dates from now on but that's just too much responsibility for me.

We'll probably just get some fro-yo tonight.
(But really, we will.)




4 comments:

  1. Omgsh! I totally want to do that! Very impressive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! You are my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! That's a great date night! I can't wait to have one of those when my kids get older!

    ReplyDelete