So we're NEWly married. And we live in a NEW apartment. And we have NEW sleeping arrangements (cuddle for ten, then bum to bum for the rest of the night.. just in case you were wondering). And we go to a NEW ward. But what thing I'm really worried about is making NEW friends.
It's really quite silly because I'm good at making friends. I have best best friends. Alissa.Courtney.Joan.Kacie.Lauren.Natalie And I have friends at school and friends from my old ward. I was relief society prez last semester and an EFY counselor. {Disclaimer: Not the loud obnoxious EFY counselor.. I was the kind everyone appreciated because I was cynical and witty and not obnoxious} These things are supposed to translate into: Throw me into an unfamiliar situation and I'M GONNA SHINE BABY!! But I'm a little out of my element.
Some of these people have kids. And some people breast feed their kids in sacrament meeting {ew.} And some people have three kids. THREE OFFSPRING.
I'm not against kids. I want four-ish. But I'm a few years away and I feel like an infant compared to these experienced mothers.
Anyway.. I digress. I get nervous about not making friends. So much s
o that when it's my turn to pray at night I always include ".. and please bless that we'll make some friends.." Tyler makes fun of me because in his words, "We're not lepers!"
I went to a relief society getting to know you night.. by myself {scary} But right before I left, I ran home and there was a post-it note from my sweet husband... here it is.
.
He's good to me. And the Relief Society thing wasn't so bad... I made a couple acquaintances.
On the bright side, I got a bread machine yesterday.. and this cute birthday cake stand. It sings. And a jillion little tubs of make up from my awesome Mother In Law. My sister says I'm lucky cuz my Mother In Law is young. I am.


No comments:
Post a Comment