Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Summer Summer


We've kind of had a low key summer (if you don't count Disneyland... or kidney stones). Which is why you haven't heard from us in awhile. But seriously, with Ty slaving away for the man (I don't know who the man is) and me working my fan-danny off to catch up in my class after the kidney stones, we've just been boring people.

We found out that the student discount at Wynnsong Movie Theater is pretty sick and so we went three times in two weeks. That's what we were living for.

However, something I've been counting down to for forever is going to visit my fam in the deserts of WA. This is the part where you're confused because Washington is supposed to be this lush green state where granolas and vampires congregate, not a barren waste land. Well here's the deal... no one tells you that only half of Washington is beautiful. The east side is like the ugly half sister no one talks about. The east side is probably told to hide in her room when company comes over.

Either way, I was pumped to get over there. And Ty was wondering what the heck we were going to do for the whole week. But boy oh boy, we showed him.

(On our way to WA!!! So stylish in our shades.)

(This time I'm "looking" but really I'm not cuz I'm driving and sunglasses are sneaky like that.)

We went boating on the Columbia River. (Yes, I said river. We don't really do the whole "lake" thing.)

(Ash Ketchum loves to drive the boat with Grandpa)

We had family pictures. Ah, precious. Ashley a.k.a. Baby Terrorist was not happy to comply.. though she was happy to hit and bite whenever an opportunity presented itself.

The Momsy and I took Ty to the Dairygold Cheese Factory in Sunnyside. Little did we know, they had remodeled since my younger days and therefore, it sucked. Poor Ty. Got his hopes up for nothing. Luckily, we made off like bandits with some Squeaky Cheese!

(Me and Ty posing with a mural at the cheese factory)

(Momsy and Baby T representin)

Ty was a great sport and went to some of my dad and brother's softball games while I went to water aerobics with my Majsha. (Water Aerobics = whatever you're picturing in your head right now.)

(It also might be something like this.)

I also took Ty to the infamous 7-11 where they have the world's largest selection of slurpee flavors. We got the largest sizes and after about half an hour felt the need to purge our bodies of the intense surgar overload.

(The wall of slurpee machines and some sexy people.)

One morning, Ty and I got up super early, walked to a neighbor's house and picked tons of raspberries and strawberries. We made freezer jam baby! (The "we" this time is the Momsy, sister and me) That stuff is gelatinous gold.

(This is me picking raspberries. In case you can't see me, I'm the one in tie dye.)

We watched home videos (per Ty's request.. such an odd person). I think my dad recorded every show there ever was at Disneyland. Three times. Ty was also left wondering why on earth he married me after watching "Wedgie-mania 2000" and several appearances of the baby blanket I still sleep with circa 1994.

For our Farewell Tour we had a nice hot dog dinner as we floated down the Columbia again.

(Crossing the Washington/Oregon border on our way home. Look to the left.. wasteland. Look to your right... wasteland.)

We had a great trip although we did not love the driving part. We took turns driving but almost no sleeping happened. I think it's because we both felt guilty not making sure the other was staying awake. (Mostly we just haven't decided if we really trust each other. I guess we'll have to up the number of trust falls we practice during FHE next week.) We also learned quite a bit about each other. Like how Ty's driving music is Queen and I know all the words to "Don't Stop Me." And how we are so melodious. And how we should probably start a band. And how we'll probably give the White Stripes a run for their money. I'm telling you. "Oh my gosh. That was harmony!"

It was a great trip and we're looking forward to next time, when the only driving to be had will be to and from Salt Lake International :)

4 comments:

  1. Your hair is so cute!! I can definitely relate to you in the boring hometown department. ha! Family is the only thing that keeps me going back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I didn't know you got a haircut. But I wanted you to know that I love it! And we still need to do a double :) Looks like home was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love water aerobics. it's so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such an enjoyable read. Your hair looks so cute! But my very favorite part was when you described that wonderful state. I read it, laughed sooo hard, and then I read it again. :)

    ReplyDelete