Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Last First Day

... At BYU. 

I am planning on being a teacher so there should be many more to come. 

And boy oh boy, was I stressed. I'm student teaching starting tomorrow and I had all kinds of panicked dreams last night with cameos by several people from my past including my 6th grade crush. You know, all the important people. Let's just say, it was raining, my hair was a week past "greasy", I was late and I was at my elementary school. No bueno. 

Not to mention the fact that cub scouts really had me re-thinking if I would be able to handle 30+ students at a time when I can't even deal with 3 eight year olds. 

However, after my seminar today and meeting up with my partner and University Supervisor, I'm feeling much better about the months to come and a renewed sense of why I chose this in the beginning. 

Because I love Math. Because I had great teachers. Because I want to make a difference. 

4 comments:

  1. You mean your last FIRST day? Haha good luck you're gonna be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thank you... I missed that. Clearly the stress was getting to me. haha.

      Delete
  2. We love you and believe in you Emily, and you are going to ROCK teaching math! Not to mention that all the boys will have mad crushes on you;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are doing great! I was wondering when you would be starting. Good luck! Love math! Make a difference!

    ReplyDelete