Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

First Appointment :)

(Written January 7th)

We had our first appointment on January 7th and I was approximately 9 weeks along. It was very exciting because it was our very first appointment. The doctor put all my fears at ease (especially the kidney stone panic) and answered all of our questions. There are 6 doctors in the practice and I have to see all of them before I deliver because any of them could deliver our babe. I'm hoping that it's this doctor that delivers because he was great but I'm sure I'll like the others too.

The best part though was at the end of our appointment. He said, "Well we're not busy and I don't think anyone's in the room right now so we could do a quick ultrasound if you'd like." Uh. Yes please.

{I know it doesn't look like much but we're sure smitten. The head is on the right, little leg nubs on the left and on the bottom pic the dark spot in the middle is the heart.}
So we got to see an ultrasound of our little jelly bean! We weren't expecting it at all and it was amazing to witness the little heart beating so so fast. I didn't cry, but I almost did. As usual. The nurse told us that once we see the heart beat, there's less than a 5% chance of miscarriage which is extremely comforting. It has definitely been the best part of this pregnancy thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment