Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

What We've Been Up To

So our summer is nuts and between the beginning of May and our baby's due date, there were only 3 free weekends. We've already passed one, another has since been booked which leaves June 22 if anyone wants to hang out that day. 

For Memorial Day weekend, we drove up to Boise for my cousin's wedding reception. My whole family met us there as well and we had a great time being with them. My sister's kids, Ashley and Ryan, have so much personality. One morning, we were at breakfast and Ashley looked at my plate and then says, "Your baby likes to eat." 


Ry baby is just barely one and he loves his mom but as long as you gave him food, he's your best friend. This is just a little ice cream facial hair. 


Also, I think my child is a secret weapon. Since I've been pregnant, I can calm down any child. Ryan was so whiny and tired and I just held him for a little while and he conked out. He doesn't look so much like a baby here. 

And surprisingly, we have no pictures of Ashley. She wanted to ride in our car so for the majority of the weekend, her car seat was in our car. She said the funniest things like, "Turn on the music Ty!" and "Emily.. (long pause)... I love you." She also had us convinced she knew all the words to "Trouble" by Taylor Swift and only afterwards we found out she had never heard the song. 

I sure wish those babies lived closer to me. 


Next, one of my very best friends is having a baby at the beginning of July and I made and tied this blanket for her. She's up in Washington so I wasn't able to attend her shower. She doesn't know the gender of her baby but she's having a cute forest theme for her nursery. She and I have been friends since the first day of second grade when we wore the exact same shirt to school. The extra special thing about this blanket is that the lace and the yellow ties are the exact same as the lace and yellow ties I put on a blanket for my little girl. These babes will be best friends whether they like it or not. 


Ty and I have been seeing a lot of these cute kids. Peyton and Jackson are our niece and nephew on his side. Jackson has recently added several recognizable words to his vocabulary but he's also very fluent in his own language. Sometimes he gets so mad, I'm sure he's using baby swear words at us. Peyton has been make-believing so much lately and it's hilarious. I was in the car with Britt and her kids and from the backseat we hear, "Ladies and Gentlemen! *clears throat* I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! Ladies and Gentlemen!" 


Lastly, this is a picture from Ty's cousin's wedding. This is not a good picture but it is the best one from the whole day. We spent tons of time with his sweet grandparents who just had the funniest things to say. And the weather was fantastic. They couldn't have asked for a better day. 

And now in the next few weeks, we've got Ty's brother's wedding as well as a shower for Ashley, his sweet wife to be. My parents will be in town for the 4th of July and another cousin wedding for us. Seriously, June 22 is your last chance to be our friends. 

1 comment: