So in a painful twist of fate, my sweet husband is at my beck and call tonight, doing whatever I want to do. So naturally, I chose The Bachelorette season premier. He's good to me. But then he made one of the best observations EVER. The Bachelorette is basically Hunger Games.
1.) Chris Harrison is equivalent to the Gamekeepers. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, he throws in a new rule, a new twist, a new challenge and BAM! your mind has been blown, there's a raging forest fire nipping at your heels and one more person's life was destroyed.
2.) The brain-washed audience has a bird's eye view of the whole spectacle. Everyone knew Katniss was hiding silently in the trees. But they also knew that Rue was just a tree over. The audience also knows that Bentley is a total flat-billed DB ("I'm not all that attracted to her, but I am competitive. I wanted that rose.")
3.) Friend vs. Friend - Ashley S. vs. Ashley H., Peeta vs. Katniss. Although Ashley H. sucked at being a true friend whereas Peeta and Katniss beat the system. Still, Chris Harrison/Gamekeepers, you've done it again.
4.) Alliances/Demise of Alliances - It's a kid/man/woman eat kid/man/woman world. Not to be cliche or anything but I guess all is fair in love and war.
5.) Peacocking. Apparent in both the Bachelor and Bachelorette. (I'm wearing a mask/fangs. I play guitar. I just slapped you.) And then the Hunger Games Opening and Closing ceremonies... they were on fire, literally.
I guess the irony in all of this is that I read Hunger Games AND I spend my Monday nights getting caught up in the drama of this "reality" TV show. It's a little pathetic. Okay, it's a lot pathetic. And I just analyzed this too... Pathetic.


Oh my heck this totally cracked me up, because it's sooo true!! You are a really great writer ps! Anyway, you and your husband are too cute! And I'm glad you love the hairstyles! Thanks for all that sweet compliments! Totally made my day!
ReplyDelete