Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crockpot Apricot Chicken

{Heaven in food form}

 This chicken may not look too glamorous on our fine china BUT it's one of the most delicious things I've eaten in a long time. And did I mention it was also one of the easiest things I've ever made too? 4 ingredients. 

Yup. You read that right. 
FOUR ingredients. 

I cut it in half because Ty and I are not feeding an army so here is the altered recipe 

Apricot Chicken
3/4 cups Apricot Jelly/Jam/Preserves
1/2 cup Russian Dressing (I used Wishbone)
1/2 packet of dry onion soup mix
3 chicken breasts

Throw the chicken in your crockpot. Mix all of the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour over the chicken. Cook on high for one hour and then reduce to low for 3-4 hours. 
Serve over rice. 

It was moist. It was.. heavenly. I can only think of divine adjectives right now, not descriptive food adjectives. Ty and I ate in silence because we were busy inhaling our meal. Just make it, then you'll know what I mean. 

I'm telling you. DO IT. 

Original recipe here

1 comment:

  1. I made this last week and we fell in LOVE with it too. So EASY and SO good!!! I'm always going to have these ingredients on hand!

    ReplyDelete